CALL FOR POSITION PAPERS
17th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems (FedCSIS’2022)
HYBRID CONFERENCE -- Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-7 September, 2022
(CORE B Ranked, IEEE: #54150)
Strict submission deadline (position papers): June 7, 2022, 23:59:59 AoE (no extensions)
************************** COVID-19 Information ************************
Conference will take place in Sofia Bulgaria, for those who will be able to make it there. For those who will not be able to reach Sofia, online participation will be made available.
The FedCSIS 2022 Federated Conference invites submissions of POSITION PAPERS to its respective events. Position papers must not exceed 8 pages and they should relate to an ongoing research or experience. Position papers will be presented by the authors alongside regular papers. Position papers may be also submitted as DEMO PAPERS and presented as demonstrations of software tools and products. They should describe non-for-profit software tools in a prototype-, alpha-, or beta-version.
We invite TWO TYPES OF POSITION PAPERS:
- EMERGING RESEARCH PAPERS present preliminary research results from work-in-progress based on sound scientific approach but presenting work not completely validated as yet. They must describe precisely the research problem and its rationale. They must also define the intended future work including the expected benefits from solution to the tackled problem.
- CHALLENGE PAPERS propose and describe research challenges in theory or practice of computer science and information systems. The papers in this category must be based on deep understanding of existing research or industrial problems and should be defining new promising research directions.
FedCSIS TRACKS AND TECHNICAL SESSIONS
The FedCSIS 2022 consists of five conference Tracks, hosting Technical Sessions:
Track 1: Advanced Artificial Intelligence in Applications (17th Symposium AAIA'22)
- Artificial Intelligence for Next-Generation Diagnostis Imaging (1st Workshop AI4NextGenDI'22)
- Artificial Intelligence for Patient Empowerment with Sensor Systems (1st Workshop AI4Empowerment'22)
- Artificial Intelligence in Machine Vision and Graphics (4th Workshop AIMaViG'22)
- Intelligent Ambient Assisted Living Systems (1st Workshop IntelligentAAL'22)
- Personalization and Recommender Systems (1st Workshop PeRS'22)
- Rough Sets: Theory and Applications (4th International Symposium RSTA'22)
- Computational Optimization (15th Workshop WCO'22)
Track 2: Computer Science & Systems (CSS'22)
- Actors, Agents, Assistants, Avatars (1st Workshop 4A'22)
- Computer Aspects of Numerical Algorithms (15th Workshop CANA'22)
- Concurrency, Specification and Programming (30th International Symposium CS&P'22)
- Multimedia Applications and Processing (15th International Symposium MMAP'22)
- Scalable Computing (12th Workshop WSC'22)
- Track 3: Network Systems and Applications (NSA'22)
- Track 4: Advances in Information Systems and Technologies (AIST'22)
- Track 5: Software, System and Service Engineering (S3E'22)
- Recent Advances in Information Technology (7th Symposium DS-RAIT'22)
- Krassimir Atanassov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Thomas Blaschke, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
- Chris Cornelis, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
- Franco Zambonelli, University of Modena e Reggio Emilia, Bologna, Italy
DATA MINING COMPETITION -- Predicting the Costs of Forwarding Contracts
The topic of this year's data mining competition is prediction of costs related to the execution of forwarding contracts. The data sets will contain multiple years of history of orders appearing on the transport exchange, along with details such as the type of order, basic characteristics of the shipped goods (e.g., dimensions, special requirements), as well as the expected route that a driver will have to cover. The task will be to develop a predictive model that will assess the actual cost of individual orders as accurately as possible (for detailed information SEE. Prizes for best solutions are:
- 1,000 USD for the winning solution (+ the cost of one FedCSIS’2022 registration)
- 500 USD for the 2nd place solution (+ the cost of one FedCSIS’2022 registration)
- 250 USD for the 3rd place solution (+ the cost of one FedCSIS’2022 registration)
ZDZISLAW PAWLAK BEST PAPER AWARD
The Professor Zdzislaw Pawlak Awards are given in the following categories:
- Best Paper Award (€600)
- Young Researcher Paper Award (€400)
- Industry Cooperation Award (€400)
- International Cooperation Award (€400)
All papers accepted to FedCSIS 2022 are eligible to be considered as the award winners.
This award will be granted independently from awards given by individual FedCSIS events (Tracks and/or Technical Sessions).
Past Award winners can be found HERE.
POSITION PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Position papers will be published as a Volume of the Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems series (https://annals-csis.org/), with an ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers. The papers will be submitted for indexing to DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar (see, also: https://annals-csis.org/indexation). The Annals-CSIS volume will NOT be placed in the IEEE Digital Library and will NOT be submitted to Clarivate Analytics Web of Science.
Authors should submit a position paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, using the on-line submission procedure. The guidelines for paper formatting provided at the conference website ought to be used for all submitted papers. The required submission format is the same as the camera-ready format. Please check, and carefully follow, the instructions and templates provided. Papers that are out of the conference scope of the selected event, or that contain any form of (self)plagiarism will be rejected without reviews. All position papers will be refereed before inclusion in the conference program.
- Position paper submission: June 7, 2022
- Author notification: July 6, 2022
- Final paper submission and registration: July 12, 2022
- Payment (early fee deadline): August 2, 2022
- Conference date: September 4-7, 2022
CHAIRS OF FedCSIS CONFERENCE SERIES
Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Dominik Slezak
CONTACT FedCSIS at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FedCSIS in Social Media
- FedCSIS on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISFacebook
- FedCSIS on LinkedIN: https://tinyurl.com/FedCSISonLinkedIN
- FedCSIS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FedCSIS
- FedCSIS on XING: http://preview.tinyurl.com/FedCSISonXING
ABOUT FedCSIS Conference Series
FedCSIS is an annual international conference, this year organized jointly by the Polish Information Processing Society (PTI), IEEE Poland Section Computer Society Chapter and Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The mission of the FedCSIS Conference Series is to provide a highly acclaimed forum in computer science and information systems. We invite researchers from around the world to contribute their research results and participate in Technical Sessions focused on their scientific and professional interests in computer science and information systems.