CALL FOR PAPERS
17th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems (FedCSIS 2022)
Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-7 September, 2022
CORE B Ranked, IEEE: #52320, 70 punktów parametrycznych MEiN
Strict submission deadline: May 10, 2022, 23:59:59 AOE (no extensions)
Conference will take place in Sofia, Bulgaria, for those who will be able to make it there. For those who will not be able to reach Sofia, online participation will be made available.
Please feel free to forward this announcement to your colleagues and associates who could be interested in it.
KEY FACTS: Proceedings: submitted to IEEE Digital Library; indexing: DBLP, Scopus and Web of Science; 21 Technical Sessions in 5 Tracks; Doctoral Symposium; Data Mining Competition.
FedCSIS is an annual international conference, this year organized jointly by the Polish Information Processing Society (PTI), IEEE Poland Section Computer Society Chapter and Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. It is technically sponsored by a number of IEEE units and other professional organizations (for the full list, see the conference site). The mission of the FedCSIS Conference Series is to provide a highly acclaimed forum in computer science and intelligence systems. We invite researchers from around the world to contribute their research results and participate in Technical Sessions, focused on their scientific and professional interests in computer science and intelligence systems.
Since June 2021, FedCSIS is ranked CORE B. This resulted in FedCSIS delivering 70 parametric points to Polish researchers (since November 2021).
Since 2012, Proceedings of the FedCSIS conference are indexed in SCOPUS, DBLP and other indexing services. Information about FedCSIS indexing / bibliometry / rankings.
FedCSIS Tracks and Technical Sessions
The FedCSIS 2022 consists of five conference Tracks, hosting Technical Sessions:
Track 1: Advanced Artificial Intelligence in Applications (17th Symposium AAIA'22)
- Artificial Intelligence for Next-Generation Diagnostis Imaging (1st Workshop AI4NextGenDI'22)
- Artificial Intelligence for Patient Empowerment with Sensor Systems (1st Workshop AI4Empowerment'22)
- Artificial Intelligence in Machine Vision and Graphics (4th Workshop AIMaViG'22)
- Intelligent Ambient Assisted Living Systems (1st Workshop IntelligentAAL'22)
- Personalization and Recommender Systems (1st Workshop PeRS'22)
- Rough Sets: Theory and Applications (4th International Symposium RSTA'22)
- Computational Optimization (15th Workshop WCO'22)
Track 2: Computer Science & Systems (CSS'22)
- Actors, Agents, Assistants, Avatars (1st Workshop 4A'22)
- Computer Aspects of Numerical Algorithms (15th Workshop CANA'22)
- Concurrency, Specification and Programming (30th Symposium CS&P'22)
- Multimedia Applications and Processing (15th International Symposium MMAP'22)
- Scalable Computing (12th Workshop WSC'22)
- Track 3: Network Systems and Applications (NSA'22)
- Track 4: Advances in Information Systems and Technologies (AIST'22)
- Track 5: Software, System and Service Engineering (S3E'22)
- Recent Advances in Information Technology (7th Symposium DS-RAIT'22)
- Krassimir Atanassov – Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Thomas Blaschke – University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
- Chris Cornelis – Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
- Franco Zambonelli – University of Modena e Reggio Emilia, Bologna, Italy
Data Mining Competition – Predicting the Costs of Forwarding Contracts
The topic of this year's data mining competition is prediction of costs related to the execution of forwarding contracts. The data sets will contain multiple years of history of orders appearing on the transport exchange, along with details such as the type of order, basic characteristics of the shipped goods (e.g., dimensions, special requirements), as well as the expected route that a driver will have to cover. The task will be to develop a predictive model that will assess the actual cost of individual orders as accurately as possible (detailed information). Prizes for best solutions are:
- 1,000 USD for the winning solution (+ the cost of one FedCSIS2022 registration)
- 500 USD for the 2nd place solution (+ the cost of one FedCSIS2022 registration)
- 250 USD for the 3rd place solution (+ the cost of one FedCSIS2022 registration)
Zdzislaw Pawlak Best Paper Award
The Professor Zdzislaw Pawlak Awards are given in the following categories:
- Best Paper Award (€600): the best out of all papers accepted to the conference;
- Young Researcher Award (€400): the best out of papers whereby all authors are younger than 40 years;
- Industry Cooperation Award (€400): the best out of papers whereby there are at least two different authors, one working in academia and another one in industry;
- International Cooperation Award (€400): the best out of papers whereby there are at least two different authors working in institutions located in two different countries.
All papers accepted to FedCSIS 2022 are eligible to be considered as the award winners.
This award will be granted independently from awards given by individual FedCSIS events (Tracks and/or Technical Sessions).
Past Award winners can be found here.
Paper Submission and Publication
- Papers should be submitted by May 10, 2022 (strict deadline, no extensions, submission system is open, via EasyChair).
- Preprints will be published online.
- Only papers presented during the conference will be submitted to the IEEE for inclusion in the Xplore Digital Library. Furthermore, proceedings, published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers, will be posted within the conference Web portal. Moreover, most Technical Session organizers arrange quality journals, edited volumes, etc., and may invite selected extended and revised papers for post-conference publications (information can be found at the websites of individual events, or by contacting Chairs of said events).
- Paper submission (strict deadline): May 10, 2022, 23:59:59 (AOE; there will be no extension)
- Position paper submission: June 7, 2022
- Author notification: July 6, 2022
- Final paper submission and registration: July 12, 2022
- Payment (early fee deadline): July 26, 2022
- Conference date: September 4-7, 2022
Chairs of FedCSIS Conference Series: Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Dominik Slezak
Contact FedCSIS at: email@example.com
FedCSIS in Social Media
- Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISFacebook
- LinkedIn: https://tinyurl.com/FedCSISonLinkedIN
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FedCSIS
- XING: http://preview.tinyurl.com/FedCSISonXING