18th Conference on Knowledge Acquisition and Management (KAM’2012)
Wrocław, Poland, September 9-12, 2012
We have the pleasure to invite you to contribute to and participate in the conference "Knowledge Acquisition and Management" (KAM'2012). The predecessor of the KAM conference has been organized for the first time in 1992, as a venue for scientists and practitioners to address different aspects of usage of advanced information technologies in management, with focus on intelligent techniques and knowledge management. In 2003 the conference changed somewhat its focus and was organized for the first under its current name. Furthermore, the KAM conference became an international event, with participants from around the world. The aim of the conference is to create possibility of presenting and discussing approaches, methods, techniques and tools in the knowledge acquisition and the knowledge management areas. We expect that the conference will enable exchange of information and experiences, and delve into current trends of methodological, technological and implementation aspects of knowledge acquisition and management processes.
The following group topics, concerning both theory and applications, will be included (unavoidably incomplete):
- Data mining and knowledge discovery from databases and data warehouses
- Methods and tools for knowledge acquisition
- New emerging technologies for management
- Organizing the knowledge centers
- Knowledge creation and validation
- Knowledge dynamics and machine learning
- Distance learning and knowledge sharing
- Knowledge representation models
- Management of enterprise knowledge versus personal knowledge
- Knowledge managers and workers
- Knowledge coaching
- Knowledge diffusion
- Knowledge engineering and software engineering
- Managerial knowledge evolution
- Knowledge grid and social networks
- Knowledge modeling and visualization
- Knowledge management and e-government
- Business Intelligence environment for supporting knowledge management
- Knowledge management in virtual agents
Paper Submission and Publication
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF of MSWord file)
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 8 pages (IEEE style). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the conference.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation in: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scirus, SciVerse Scopus and Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s) of journal(s) to be announced later.
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
- Paper submission: May 14, 2012
- Author notification: June 17, 2012
- Final submission and registration opening: July 8, 2012
- Conference date: September 9-12, 2012