International Workshop on Rough Sets Applications (RSA'2012)
Wrocław, Poland, September 9-12, 2012
The workshop on Rough Sets Applications (RSA'2012) will be devoted to the exchange of experiences related to rough set applications and the discussion of the main directions for further development of those applications. We would like to invite to RSA all scientists who are interested in the growth of rough set applications.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following applications of rough sets:
- Data mining and knowledge discovery
- Machine learning
- Decision support systems
- Biomedical applications
- Intelligent systems
- Multimedia systems
- Pattern recognition and image processing
- Signal processing
- Petri nets and concurrency
- Process mining and intelligent planning
- Web intelligence and Web mining
- Databases and data warehouses
Paper Submission and Publication
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation in: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scirus, SciVerse Scopus and Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript or PDF file)
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 8 pages (IEEE style). IEEE style templates are available here
- Extended versions of selected papers will be published in LNCS Transactions on Rough Sets (Springer) or one of SCIE-indexed journals (to be announced later).
All papers submitted to the RSA workshop will be considered for the Zdzislaw Pawlak Award for the Best Paper and the Best Student Paper. Furthermore, papers matching the focus of the award will be considered for the International Fuzzy Systems Association Award for Young Scientist.
- International Conference on Granular Computing (IEEE GrC 2012)
- Joint Rough Set Symposium (JRS 2012), Chengdu, China, August 17-20
- International Conference on Advanced Machine Learning Technologies and Applications (AMLTA 2012)
- Paper submission: May 14, 2012
- Author notification: June 17, 2012
- Final submission and registration opening: July 8, 2012
- Conference date: September 9-12, 2012