International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Medical Applications (AIMA'2012)
Wrocław, Poland, September 9-12, 2012
The workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Medical Applications – AIMA'2012 - provides an interdisciplinary forum for researchers and developers to present and discuss latest advances in research work as well as prototyped or fielded systems of applications of Artificial Intelligence in the wide and heterogenious field of medicine, health care and surgery. The workshop covers the whole range of theoretical and practical aspects, technologies and systems based on Artificial Intelligence in the medical domain and aims to bring together specialists for exchanging ideas and promote fruitful discussions.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Health Sciences
- Knowledge Management of Medical Data
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Medicine
- Health Care Information Systems
- Clinical Information Systems
- Agent Oriented Techniques in Medicine
- Medical Image Processing and Techniques
- Medical Expert Systems
- Diagnoses and Therapy Support Systems
- Biomedical Applications
- Applications of AI in Health Care and Surgery Systems
- Machine Learning-based Medical Systems
- Medical Data- and Knowledge Bases
- Neural Networks in Medicine
- Ontology and Medical Information
- Social Aspects of AI in Medicine
- Medical Signal and Image Processing and Techniques
- Ambient Intelligence and Pervasive Computing in Medicine and Health Care
Paper Submission and Publication
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the symposium.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation in: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scirus, SciVerse Scopus and Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF of MSWord file)
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 8 pages (IEEE style). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Extended versions of selected papers will be published as Special Issue(s) of journal(s) to be announced later.
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
All papers submitted to the AIMA workshop will be considred for the Zdzislaw Pawlak Award for the Best Paper and the Best Student Paper. Furthermore, papers matching the focus of the award wil be considered for the International Fuzzy Systems Association Award for Young Scientist.
- Paper submission: May 14, 2012
- Author notification: June 17, 2012
- Final submission and registration opening: July 8, 2012
- Conference date: September 9-12, 2012