7th International Symposium Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Applications (AAIA'12)
Wrocław, Poland, September 9-12, 2012
The AAIA'12 will bring researchers, developers, practitioners, and users to present their latest research, results, and ideas in all areas of artificial intelligence. We hope that theory and successful applications presented at the AAIA'12 will be of interest to researchers and practitioners who want to know about both theoretical advances and latest applied developments in Artificial Intelligence. As such AAIA'12 will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas between theoreticians and practitioners to address the important issues.
Papers related to theories, methodologies, and applications in science and technology in this theme are especially solicited. Topics covering industrial issues/applications and academic research are included, but not limited to:
- Knowledge management
- Decision Support System
- Approximate Reasoning
- Fuzzy modeling and control
- Data Mining
- Web Mining
- Machine learning
- Combining multiple knowledge sources in an integrated intelligent system
- Neural Networks
- Evolutionary Computation
- Nature Inspired Methods
- Natural Language processing
- Image processing and understanding (interpretation)
- Applications in Bioinformatics
- Hybrid Intelligent Systems
- Granular Computing
- Architectures of intelligent systems
- Real-world applications of Intelligent Systems
Professor Zdzislaw Pawlak Best Paper Awards
We are proud to announce that we will continue the tradition started during the AAIA'06 Symposium and award two "Professor Zdzislaw Pawlak Best Paper Awards" for contributions which are outstanding in their scientific quality. The two award categories are:
- Best Student Paper - for graduate or PhD students. Papers qualifying for this award must be marked as "Student full paper" to be eligible for consideration.
- Best Paper Award for the authors of the best paper appearing at the Symposium.
In addition to a certificate, each award carries a prize of 300 EUR provided by the Mazowsze Chapter of the Polish Information Processing Society.
IFSA Award for Young Scientist
During the Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Applications (AAIA) Symposium, the International Fuzzy Systems Association (IFSA) Best Paper Award for Young Scientist, will be presented.
Paper Submission and Publication
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the symposium.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation in: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scirus, SciVerse Scopus and Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF of MSWord file)
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 8 pages (IEEE style). IEEE style templates are available here.
Extended versions of selected papers will be considered for Special Issues of:
- Applied Artificial Intelligence (ISI indexed)
- and possibly other journals that will be announced later.
Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
- Paper submission: May 14, 2012
- Author notification: June 17, 2012
- Final submission and registration opening: July 8, 2012
- Conference date: September 9-12, 2012