Frontiers in Network Applications, Network Systems and Web Services (SoFAST-WS'13)
Kraków, Poland, September 8-11, 2013
Symposium SoFAST-WS focuses on modern challenges and solutions in network systems, applications and service computing. The Symposium builds upon the success of Frontiers in Network Applications and Network Systems (FINANS’2012) and 4th International Symposium on Web Services (WSS’ 2012) held in 2012 in Wroclaw, Poland. These two events are now integrated into one event to fully exploit the synergy of topics and cooperation of research groups.
The topics discussed during the symposium include different aspects of network systems, applications and service computing. The primary objective of the symposium is to bring together researchers and practitioners analyzing, developing and administering network systems, with particular emphasis on Internet systems. Authors are invited to submit their papers in English, presenting the results of original research or innovative practical applications in the field.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Architecture, scalability and security of Open API solutions,
- Technical and social aspects of Open API and open data,
- Service delivery platforms - architecture and applications,
- Telecommunication operators API exposition in Telco 2.0 model,
- The applications of intelligent techniques in network systems,
- Mobile applications,
- Network-based computing systems,
- Network and mobile GIS platforms and applications,
- Computer forensic,
- Network security,
- Anomaly and intrusion detection,
- Traffic classification algorithms and techniques,
- Network traffic engineering,
- High-speed network traffic processing,
- Heterogeneous cellular networks,
- Wireless communications,
- Security issues in Cloud Computing,
- Network aspects of Cloud Computing,
- Control of networks,
- Standards for Web services,
- Semantic Web services,
- Context-aware Web services,
- Composition approaches for Web services,
- Security of Web services,
- Software agents for Web services composition,
- Supporting SWS Deployment,
- Architectures for SWS Deployment,
- Applications of SWS to E-business and E-government,
- Supporting Enterprise Application Integration with SWS,
- SWS Conversational Protocols and Choreography,
- Ontologies and Languages for Service Description,
- Ontologies and Languages for Process Modeling,
- Foundations of Reasoning about Services and/or Processes,
- Composition of Semantic Web Services,
- Innovative network applications, systems and services.
Paper Submission, Publication and Indexation
- Authors should submit full papers in English (as Postscript, PDF, MSWord, or ODF file).
- The total length of a paper must not exceed 8 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the conference.
- Submitted papers must be unpublished and not under review in any other conference or journal (submissions that violate this requirement will be regarded as self-plagiarism).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation.
- Proceedings of the FedCSIS 2012 conference were indexed in the Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, where they will also be submitted in 2013.
- Furthermore, FedCSIS proceedings will be submitted for indexation to: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Inspec, Scirus, and other repositories.
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference may be published as Special Issue(s) of journal(s)
- Paper submission: May 21, 2013
- Author notification: June 21, 2013
- Registration opening (regular registration fee): July 5, 2013
- Final paper submission system opening: July 5, 2013
- Submission of the final version of the paper deadline: July 12, 2013
- Deadline for fee payment to assure paper publication: August 12, 2013
- Higher registration fee comes to effect: August 25, 2013
- Conference date: September 8-11, 2013