1st International Workshop on Biomedical & Health Engineering and Data Analysis (BEDA'18)
Poznań, Poland, 9 - 12 September, 2018
In the recent years, technology has had an accelerating impact on the field of medicine and healthcare. We could observe, in particular, a proliferation of personal health monitoring devices and wearables, such as activity bracelets. These technologies supported by newest developments in data analysis, such as big data and deep learning, have a substantial impact on daily life of many people. They increase awareness of daily activities, help improve sport performance, and can lead to early detection of certain diseases.
The workshop on Biomedical & Health Engineering and Data Analysis - BEDA’2018 - provides an open forum for researchers in domains of Biomedical Engineering, Health Technologies, Personal Monitoring Devices, and Data Analysis to communicate high-quality and timely research results. The primary focus is on practical applications, but highly relevant theoretical papers are also of interest.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Biomedical signal processing;
- Biomedical imaging and image processing;
- Biosensors and bioinstrumentation;
- Neural engineering, neuromuscular systems and rehabilitation engineering;
- Wearable biomedical sensors and systems;
- Health informatics and technology, e-health and telemedicine;
- Biomedical systems management;
- Personal health monitoring devices and wearables;
- Application studies of biomedical and health technologies.
These topics will be discussed in relation to solve the sustainable development goals.
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.