We invite researchers and practitioners to submit papers concerning emerging challenges and solutions for software engineering industry. A particular focus on validation and/or demonstration of practical applications of the proposed approaches and solutions is expected.
As a result, this Thematic Track intends to be a forum for presenting the practical aspects of software engineering relevant to the IT industry (including challenges and needs), research ideas and solutions aimed at addressing such aspects, and a place to establish the cooperation between scientific and industrial partners.
The scope of this Thematic Track includes a wide range of areas related to software engineering (outlined in conference topics list), as the practically-oriented proposals applicable to any SE area are welcome. We also invite experience reports from various sectors of the IT industry.
This Thematic Track is a continuation of a series of software engineering conferences, organized under the auspices of the Polish Information Processing Society (Polskie Towarzystwo Informatyczne – PTI) since 1999.
- Artificial intelligence applications for software engineering
- Automated software engineering, tools and environments
- Distributed and collaborative software engineering
- Human and social aspects of software engineering
- Human-computer interaction
- Innovation and creativity in software development
- Knowledge management in software projects
- Microservices architecture
- Mining software repositories
- Program comprehension
- Programming techniques
- Refactoring, reengineering and reverse engineering
- Release engineering, CI/CD, and DevOps
- Requirements development and management
- Software development methods
- Software economics
- Software engineering practices in remote work
- Software modeling
- Software project management
- Software reuse
- Software systems analysis and design
- Software technology transfer to the industry
- Software testing
- Survey research, case studies, field studies, action research, and controlled experiments
- Systematic literature reviews
Thematic Track organizers
- Aleksander Jarzębowicz, Gdańsk University of Technology, Poland
- Adam Przybyłek, Gdańsk University of Technology, Poland
- Mirosław Staroń, University of Gothenburg, Sweden