Track 4: Information Technology for Business and Society(ITBS’23)
ITBS is a FedCSIS conference track aiming at integrating and creating synergy between disciplines of information technology, information systems, and social sciences. The track addresses the issues relevant to information technology and necessary for practical, everyday needs of business, other organizations and society at large. This track takes a socio-technical view on information systems and, at the same time, relates to ethical, social and political issues raised by information systems.
ITBS provides a forum for academics and professionals to share the latest developments and advances in the knowledge and practice of these fields. It seeks new studies in many disciplines to foster a growing body of conceptual, theoretical, experimental, and applied research that could inform design, deployment and usage choices for information systems and technology within business and public organizations as well as households.
ITBS invites papers covering the most recent innovations, current trends, professional experiences and new challenges in the several perspectives of information systems and technologies, i.e. design, implementation, stabilization, continuous improvement, and transformation. It seeks new works from researchers and practitioners in business intelligence, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud computing, mobile applications, social networks, internet of thing, sustainable technologies and systems, blockchain, etc.
Extended versions of high-marked papers presented at technical sessions of AIST (predecessor of ITBS) in 2015–2021 have been published with Springer in volumes of Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing: LNBIP 243, LNBIP 277, LNBIP 311, LNBIP 346, LNBIP 380, LNBIP 413 and LNBIP 442.
Extended versions of selected papers presented during ITBS 2023 will be published in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing series (LNBIP, Springer).
We call for papers covering a broad spectrum of topics which bring together sciences of information systems, information technologies, and social sciences, i.e., economics, management, business, finance, and education. The track bridges the diversity of approaches that contributors bring to the conference. The main topics covered are:
- Advances in information systems and technologies for business;
- Advances in information systems and technologies for governments;
- Advances in information systems and technologies for education;
- Advances in information systems and technologies for healthcare;
- Advances in information systems and technologies for smart cities; and
- Advances in information systems and technologies for sustainable development.
This track includes technical sessions:
- AI‑HuSo’23 –
1st International Workshop on AI in Digital Humanities, Computational Social Sciences and Economics Research
- DSH’23 –
5th Workshop on Data Science in Health, Ecology and Commerce
- ISM’23 –
18th Conference on Information Systems Management
- KAM’23 –
29th Conference on Knowledge Acquisition and Management
- MECBE’23 –
1st Conference on Meta Environment for Citizens, Business and Entertainment
- Authors should submit their papers as Postscript, PDF or MSWord files.
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be submitted for indexation according to information here.
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS technical sessions.
- “The Best Paper” award will be granted to the outstanding quality paper presented at ITBS 2023.
Technical sessions proposal submission: November 14, 2022 Paper submission (no extensions): May 23, 2023
- Position paper submission: June 7, 2023
- Author notification: July 11, 2023
- Final paper submission, registration: July 31, 2023
- Discounted payment: August 15, 2023
- Conference date: September 17–20, 2023