16th International Symposium on Multimedia Applications and Processing(MMAP’23)
Background and goals
Multimedia, computer vision, graphics, and machine learning have become ubiquitous in modern information systems, creating new challenges for detection, recognition, indexing, access, search, retrieval, automated understanding, and processing, resulting in many applications based on image and signal processing, machine learning and various multimedia technologies.
Recent advances in pervasive computers, networks, telecommunications, and information technology, along with the proliferation of multimedia mobile devices, have stimulated the rapid development of intelligent applications. These key technologies, using virtual reality, augmented reality, and computational intelligence, are creating a recent multimedia revolution that will significantly impact a broad spectrum of consumer, business, healthcare, educational and governmental domains. Advancements in artificial intelligence resulted in the rapid growth of both methods and applications of machine learning approaches in computer vision, image processing, and analysis. The development of parallel computing capabilities in the first decade of the 21st century that boosted the development of deep neural networks became a real game-changer in machine vision. The workshop covers a range of AI-based theories, methods, algorithms, technologies, and systems for diversified and heterogeneous digital multimedia, imaging, computer graphics and machine learning areas.
The Multimedia Applications and Processing (MMAP) will provide an opportunity for researchers and professionals to discuss present and future challenges and potential collaboration for future progress in these fields. The MMAP Symposium welcomes submissions of original papers concerning all aspects of multimedia, vision, and graphics, ranging from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications. MMAP invites original, previously unpublished contributions that are not submitted concurrently to a journal or another conference. We welcome papers covering innovative applications, practical usage, and theoretical aspects of the abovementioned trends.
Papers acceptance and publication will be judged based on their relevance to the symposium theme, clarity of presentation, originality, and accuracy of results and proposed solutions.
Topics of interest are related (but are not limited) to the following areas:
- multimedia processing:
- audio, image and video joint processing,
- cloud computing and multimedia applications,
- multimedia file systems and databases: indexing, recognition and retrieval,
- multimedia in internet and web-based systems,
- human computer interaction, interfaces and multimedia,
- distributed multimedia systems,
- network and operating system support for multimedia,
- machine learning for mobile network architectures,
- trends in multimedia information processing,
- multimedia ontology and perception for multimedia users,
- machine vision, image processing and analysis:
- image enhancement,
- linear and non-linear filtering,
- object detection and segmentation,
- shape analysis,
- scene understanding, analysis and modeling
- image acquisition,
- stereo and multispectral imaging,
- embedded vision,
- robotic vision,
- image models and transforms,
- modeling of human visual perception,
- visual knowledge representation and reasoning,
- visualization and computer graphics:
- computational geometry,
- data-driven image synthesis,
- graphical data presentation,
- computer-aided graphic arts and animation,
- virtual and augmented reality,
- entertainment, personalized systems and games,
- machine learning for multimedia, vision and graphics:
- pattern recognition,
- deep neural models,
- convolutional networks,
- recurrent networks,
- graph networks,
- generative adversarial networks,
- neural style transfer,
- deep reinforcement learning,
- big data and multimedia systems,
- machine learning and computational intelligence for information retrieval in multimedia sustems,
- data mining, warehousing and knowledge extraction,
- innovative uses of graphic and vision systems,
- image retrieval,
- autonomous driving systems,
- remote sensing,
- digital microscopy,
- security and surveyance systems,
- document analysis,
- OCR systems,
- medical applications and computational biology,
- security in multimedia applications: authentication and watermarking,
- e-learning, e-commerce and e-society applications,
- intelligent multimedia network applications,
- future trends in multimedia systems technologies and applications.
Best Paper Award
A best paper award will be made for work of high quality presented at the MMAP Symposium. Award comprises a certificate for the authors and will be announced on time of conference. Selected papers will be invited to high IF journals organized for the participants of MMAP.
- Authors should submit their papers as Postscript, PDF or MSWord files.
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be submitted for indexation according to information here.
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS technical sessions.
Technical sessions proposal submission: November 14, 2022
- Paper submission (no extensions): May 23, 2023
- Position paper submission: June 7, 2023
- Author notification: July 11, 2023
- Final paper submission, registration: July 31, 2023
- Discounted payment: August 15, 2023
- Conference date: September 17–20, 2023
MMAP 2023 is organized by
The Department of Computers and Information Technologies of the University of Craiova and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology are organizers of the International Symposium on Multimedia Applications and Processing (MMAP).