The multi-topology converter for the solar panel
Samuel Žák, Peter Šarafín, Peter Ševčík
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 1107–1110 (2016)
Abstract. In this paper, we propose voltage converter with high efficiency over wide input voltage. This converter is suitable for the solar panel for WSN applications where the only power source is a solar cell that outputs highly variable voltage. The aim is to achieve this by using multiple converter topologies in parallel. Use of such converter has a meaning in renewable resources that in the long term operation significantly change their output voltage. The efficiency of particular topologies is estimated in simplified loss model, which is later experimentally tested.
- M. Kochláň et al, "Control unit for power subsystem of a wireless sensor node", in FedCSIS proceedings of the 2015 Federated conference on Computer science and information systems, 2015, pp. 1249-1256, ISBN 978-83-60810-65-1.
- Mohan, Undeland and Robbins, "Power Electronics, Converters, Applications and Design." 2nd edition Wiley. ISBN 0–471–58408–8.
- R. D. Middlebrook and S. Cuk, "A General Unified Approach to Modeling Switching-Converter Power Stages", in International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 521-550, June 1977.
- AN707, "Designing a High Frequency, Self–Resonant Reset Single Switch Forward Converter Using Si9118/Si9119 PWM/PSM" in http://www.vishay.com/document/70824/70824.pdf.
- AN1114, "Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Topologies (Part I)" in http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01114A.pdf.
- AN607, "DC-to-DC Design Guide" in http://www.vishay.com/docs/71917/71917.pdf.
- G. W. Wester and R. D. Middlebrook, Low-Frequency Characterization of Switched Dc-Dc Converters, in IEEE Transactions an Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. AES-9, pp. 376-385, May 1973.
- G.A. Rincón-Mora, Power Management ICs - A Top-Down Design Approach, ISBN: 1-4116-6359-4.
- M. Gildersleeve, G.A. Rincón-Mora et al, "A comprehensive power analysis and a highly efficient, mode-hopping DC-DC converter," in IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on ASIC, 2002, pp. 153-156.