Web Services Ontology Population through Text Classification
José A. Reyes-Ortiz, Maricela Bravo, Hugo Pablo
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 491–495 (2016)
Abstract. In this paper, we describe the process by which web services ontologies are populated from a web services collection. The general approach relies on a global ontology model that is used to represent automatically web services. The model is enriched with web service instances classified into a taxonomy. The main idea is to extract taxonomic relations isTypeOf from web services using a supervised classifier of textual descriptions attached to web services. The entire process for ontology population involves the following tasks: text extraction from web service descriptions, classification of text descriptions and extraction of taxonomic relations (instances of classified web services). An experimentation was carried out with a collection of web service, which shows promising results and the feasibility of our approach
- I. Bluemke, M. Kurek and M. Purwin, "Tool for Automatic Testing of Web Services", Proc. of the 2014 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, Warsaw, 2014, pp. 1553-1558. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2014F93
- F. Liu, Y. Shi, J. Yu, T. Wang and J. Wu, "Measuring similarity of web services based on WSDL," in Proc. of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Web Services, Florida, USA, 2010, pp. 155-162.
- M. Bravo and M. Alvarado, "Similarity measures for substituting Web services," Web Service Composition and New Frameworks in Designing Semantics: Innovations, pp. 143-170, 2012.
- J. Zhang and D. Pan, "Web Service Classification," Dan Pan, Jing Zhang [EB/OL], 2008.
- H. Wang, Y. Shi, X. Zhou, Q. Zhou, S. Shao and A. Bouguettaya, "Web service classification using support Vector Machine," in Proc. of the 22nd IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, Arras, France, 2010, pp. 3-6.
- L. Chen, Y. Zhang, Z. L. Song and Z. Miao, "Automatic web services classification based on rough set theory," Journal of Central South University, vol. 20, pp. 2708-2714, 2013.
- R. Mohanty, V. Ravi and M. R. Patra, "Web-services classification using intelligent techniques," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37(7), pp. 5484-5490, 2010.
- L. Yuan-jie and C. Jian, "Web service classification based on automatic semantic annotation and ensemble learning," in Proc. of the 26th International on Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops & PhD Forum, Shanghai, China, 2012, pp. 2274-2279.
- R. Nisa and U. Qamar, "A text mining based approach for web service classification," Information Systems and e-Business Management, pp. 1-18, 2014.
- J. Wu, L. Chen, Z. Zheng, M. R. Lyu and Z. Wu, "Clustering web services to facilitate service discovery," Knowledge and information systems, vol. 38(1), pp. 207-229, 2014.
- K. Elgazzar, A. E. Hassan and P. Martin, "Clustering WSDL documents to bootstrap the discovery of web services," in IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Florida, USA, 2010, pp. 147-154.
- Q. Liang, P. Li, P. C. Hung and X. Wu, "Clustering web services for automatic categorization," in IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, Bangalore, India, 2009, pp. 380-387.
- H. S. Nguyen, S. H. Nguyen and W. S̀wieboda, "Semantic explorative evaluation of document clustering algorithms," Proc. of the 2013 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, Krakow, 2013, pp. 115-122.
- M. Bravo, J. Rodríguez and A. Reyes, "Enriching Semantically Web Service Descriptions," in On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM Conferences, Amantea, Italy, 2014, pp. 776-783.
- Y. J. Lee and C. S. Kim, "A learning ontology method for restful semantic web services," in IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Washington DC, USA, 2011, pp. 251-258.
- M. Sabou, "Learning web service ontologies: an automatic extraction method and its evaluation," Ontology learning from text: methods, evaluation and applications, vol. 123, pp. 125-139, 2005.
- M. Bravo, J. Rodríguez and J. Pascual, "SDWS: Semantic Description of Web Services," International Journal of Web Services Research, vol. 11(2), pp. 1-23, 2014.
- M. Horridge and P. F. Patel-Schneider, "Manchester syntax for OWL 1.1," OWL: Experiences and Directions, Washington, USA, 2008.
- R. Quinlan, C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1993.
- S. R. Garner, "Weka: The Waikato environment for knowledge analysis," in Proc. of the New Zealand Computer Science Research Students Conference, 1995, pp. 57-64.
- P. Buitelaar and P. Cimiano, "Ontology learning and population: bridging the gap between text and knowledge," vol. 167, IOS Press, 2008.
- P. Szwed, "Concepts extraction from unstructured Polish texts: A rule based approach," Proc. of the 2015 Federated Conference on Com puter Science and Information Systems, Lodz, 2015, pp. 355-364. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2015F280