The model of delivering an IT product designed to activate and support senior citizens in Poland
Robert Kutera, Wieslawa Gryncewicz, Maja Leszczynska, Beata Butryn
Citation: Position Papers of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 9, pages 195–202 (2016)
Abstract. In the article the authors would like to find the most suitable model of delivering an IT product for elderly people designed to activate them and support their everyday activities. The article consists of a few parts. At the beginning the situation and forecasts for the population of elderly people in Poland are presented. Later the methodology of conducted research is described. In the next part the analysis of the factors influencing the activation and support of elderly people has been made. On the basis of the results of the PEST analysis key roles of stakeholders of the micro- and macroenvironment of the particular IT product are identified and their influence on the delivery model is explained. The core functions of each role are elicited and briefly described in the context of the IT product delivery model for the chosen target group.
- GUS, Prognoza ludności na lata 2014-2050, Studia i analizy statystyczne, 2014, Retrieved April 9, 2016, from: https://www.mpips.gov.pl.
- Active and Assisted Living Programme, Retrieved April 9, 2016, from: http://www.aal-europe.eu
- The Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency, Call 2016, Retrieved April 9, 2016, from http://ec.europa.eu/chafea/documents/health/hp-pj-2016-call-text_en.pdf
- MPiPS, Rządowy Program na rzecz Aktywności Społecznej Osób Starszych na lata 2014–2020, Retrieved April 9, 2016, from: https://www.mpips.gov.pl.
- Mindtools, PEST Analysis. Identifying "Big Picture" Opportunities and Threats, Retrieved April 9, 2016, from: http://www.mindtools.com.
- R.B. Duncan, Characteristics of organizational environments and perceived environmental uncertainty. Administrative Science Quarterly 17(3), 1972.
- D. Ward, E. Rivani, An Overview of Strategy Development Models and the Ward-Rivani Model, Economics Working Papers, 2005.
- K. Siau, R. Chiang, B. C. Hardgrave, Systems Analysis and Design: People, Processes, and Projects, Routledge, 2015, p.61
- M. E. Porter, Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors, 1st Edition, The Free Press, New York 1998
- B. Butryn, W. Gryncewicz, R. Kutera, M. Leszczyńska “The Application of PEST Analysis to the Creation of the Profile of an IT Product Designed to Activate and Support Senior Citizens in Poland”, in Proceedings of 9th International Symposium on e-Health Services and Technologies (EHST 2015), Rhodes; 09/2015, pp. 109-115.
- D. Jelonek, C. Stępniak, T. Turek and L. Ziora, "Identification of mental barriers in the implementation of cloud computing in the SMEs in Poland," Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2014 Federated Conference on, Warsaw, 2014, pp. 1251-1258.