Game with a Purpose for Mappings Verification
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 405–409 (2016)
Abstract. Mappings verification is a laborious task. The paper presents a Game with a Purpose based system for verification of automatically generated mappings. General description of idea standing behind the games with the purpose is given. Description of TGame system, a 2D platform mobile game with verification process included in the gameplay, is provided. Additional mechanisms for anti-cheating, increasing player's motivation and gathering feedback are also presented. Example of the system usage for verification of mappings between WordNet synsets and Wikipedia articles is presented. The evaluation of proposed solution and future work is also described.
- Prawie połowa Polaków gra codziennie w gry wideo (in Polish), URL http://samsungmedia.pl/pr/223805/prawie-polowa-polakow-gra-codziennie-w-gry-wideo. [Online], Biuro Prasowe Samsung Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o.
- U. Świerczyńska-Kaczor and J. Wachowicz, “Student response to educational games – an empirical study,” in Proceedings of the 2013 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. P. M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, Ed. IEEE, 2013, pp. pages 1293–1299.
- D. P. Anderson and G. Fedak, “The computational and storage potential of volunteer computing,” in Cluster Computing and the Grid, 2006. CCGRID 06. Sixth IEEE International Symposium on, vol. 1. IEEE, 2006, pp. 73–80.
- L. Von Ahn, “Games with a purpose,” Computer, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 92–94, 2006.
- J. Howe, “Crowdsourcing: A definition,” URL http://www.crowdsourcing.com/cs/2006/06/crowdsourcing_a.html. [Online], p. 29, 2006.
- V. Osinska, A. Jozwik, and G. Osinski, “Mapping evaluation for semantic browsing,” in Proceedings of the 2015 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, ser. Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, and M. Paprzycki, Eds., vol. 5. IEEE, 2015, pp. 329–335. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2015F50
- D. Wightman, “Crowdsourcing human-based computation,” in Proceedings of the 6th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Extending Boundaries. ACM, 2010, pp. 551–560.
- A. Kosorukoff, “Human based genetic algorithm,” in Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 2001 IEEE International Conference on, vol. 5. IEEE, 2001, pp. 3464–3469.
- J. Simko and M. Bieliková, “Games with a purpose: User generated valid metadata for personal archives,” in Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP), 2011 Sixth International Workshop on. IEEE, 2011, pp. 45–50.
- R. Korytkowski and J. Szymanski, “Collaborative approach to WordNet and Wikipedia integration,” in The Second International Conference on Advanced Collaborative Networks, Systems and Applications, COLLA, 2012, pp. 23–28.
- J. Szymański, “Mining relations between Wikipedia categories,” in Networked Digital Technologies. Springer, 2010, pp. 248–255.
- J. Szymański, “Words context analysis for improvement of information retrieval,” in Computational Collective Intelligence. Technologies and Applications. Springer, 2012, pp. 318–325.
- J. Szymański and W. Duch, “Self organizing maps for visualization of categories,” in Neural Information Processing. Springer, 2012, pp. 160–167.
- L. Von Ahn and L. Dabbish, “Designing games with a purpose,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 58–67, 2008.
- L. Von Ahn and L. Dabbish, “Labeling images with a computer game,” in Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems. ACM, 2004, pp. 319–326.
- L. Von Ahn, S. Ginosar, M. Kedia, and M. Blum, “Improving image search with phetch,” in Acoustics, speech and signal processing, 2007. icassp 2007. ieee international conference on, vol. 4. IEEE, 2007, pp. IV–1209.
- L. Von Ahn, R. Liu, and M. Blum, “Peekaboom: a game for locating objects in images,” in Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing systems. ACM, 2006, pp. 55–64.
- E. L. Law, L. Von Ahn, R. B. Dannenberg, and M. Crawford, “TagATune: A game for music and sound annotation,” in ISMIR, vol. 3, 2007, p. 2.
- J. Simko, “Semantics discovery via human computation games,” Semantic Web: Ontology and Knowledge Base Enabled Tools, Services, and Applications, p. 286, 2013.