11th International Symposium on Multimedia Applications and Processing (MMAP'18)
Poznań, Poland, 9 - 12 September, 2018
Software Engineering Department, Faculty of Automation, Computers and Electronics, University of Craiova, Romania "Multimedia Applications Development" Research Centre
Background and Goals
Multimedia information has become ubiquitous on the web, creating new challenges for indexing, access, search and retrieval. Recent advances in pervasive computers, networks, telecommunications, and information technology, along with the proliferation of multimedia mobile devices - such as laptops, iPods, personal digital assistants (PDA), and cellular telephones - have stimulated the development of intelligent pervasive multimedia applications. These key technologies are creating a multimedia revolution that will have significant impact across a wide spectrum of consumer, business, healthcare, educational and governmental domains. Yet many challenges remain, especially when it comes to efficiently indexing, mining, querying, searching, retrieving, displaying and interacting with multimedia data.
The Multimedia - Processing and Applications 2018 (MMAP 2018) Symposium addresses several themes related to theory and practice within multimedia domain. The enormous interest in multimedia from many activity areas (medicine, entertainment, education) led researchers and industry to make a continuous effort to create new, innovative multimedia algorithms and applications.
As a result the conference goal is to bring together researchers, engineers, developers and practitioners in order to communicate their newest and original contributions. The key objective of the MMAP conference is to gather results from academia and industry partners working in all subfields of multimedia: content design, development, authoring and evaluation, systems/tools oriented research and development. We are also interested in looking at service architectures, protocols, and standards for multimedia communications - including middleware - along with the related security issues, such as secure multimedia information sharing. Finally, we encourage submissions describing work on novel applications that exploit the unique set of advantages offered by multimedia computing techniques, including home-networked entertainment and games. However, innovative contributions that don't exactly fit into these areas will also be considered because they might be of benefit to conference attendees.
Call for Papers
MMAP 2017 is a major forum for researchers and practitioners from academia, industry, and government to present, discuss, and exchange ideas that address real-world problems with real-world solutions.
The MMAP 2016 Symposium welcomes submissions of original papers concerning all aspects of multimedia domain ranging from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications. MMAP 2016 invites original previously unpublished contributions that are not submitted concurrently to a journal or another conference.
Papers acceptance and publication will be judged based on their relevance to the symposium theme, clarity of presentation, originality and accuracy of results and proposed solutions.
Topics of interest are related to Multimedia Processing and Applications including, (but are not limited) to the following areas:
- Audio, Image and Video Processing
- Animation, Virtual Reality, 3D and Stereo Imaging
- Big Data Science and Multimedia Systems
- Cloud Computing and Multimedia Applications
- Machine Learning, Information Retrieval in Multimedia Applications
- Data Mining, Warehousing and Knowledge Extractio
- Multimedia File Systems and Databases: Indexing, Recognition and Retrieval
- Multimedia in Internet and Web Based Systems
- E-Learning, E-Commerce and E-Society Applications
- Human Computer Interaction and Interfaces in Multimedia Applications
- Multimedia in Medical Applications and Computational biology
- Entertainment, Personalized Systems and Games
- Security in Multimedia Applications: Authentication and Watermarking
- Distributed Multimedia Systems
- Network and Operating System Support for Multimedia
- Mobile Network Architecture and Fuzzy Logic Systems
- Intelligent Multimedia Network Applications
- Future Trends in Computing System Technologies and Applications
- Trends in Processing Multimedia Information
- Multimedia Ontology and Perception for Multimedia Users
Best Paper Award
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s).
- currently, a special issue of the Computer Science and Information Systems journal (ISI Indexed) is being prepared on the basis of selected papers from the MMAP 2015; it will be published in 2016
- special issue, based on the selected MMAP 2016 submissions is also planned for the Journal of Computer Science & Applications
- similarly, in 2016, special issues of these two journals are going to be considered
- furthermore, we are in active negotiations for additional Special Issue(s) based on the papers accepted for the MMAP 2016 -- special issues proposals should be submitted to MMAP'16 organizers
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.