4th Doctoral Symposium on Recent Advances in Information Technology (DS–RAIT'17)
Prague, Czech Republic, September 3 - 6, 2017
The 4th international Doctoral Symposium on Recent Advances in Information Technology (DS-RAIT 2017) will be held as a satellite event of the Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2017).
The aim of this meeting is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas between early-stage researchers, in Computer Science and Information Systems, PhD students in particular. Furthermore, the symposium will provide all participants an opportunity to get feedback on their studies from experienced members of the IT research community invited to chair all DS-RAIT thematic sessions. Therefore, submission of research proposals with limited preliminary results is strongly encouraged.
Besides receiving specific advice for their contributions all participants will be invited to attend plenary lectures on conducting high-quality research studies, excellence in scientific writing and issues related to intellectual property in IT research. Authors of the two most outstanding submissions will have a possibility to present their papers in a form of short plenary lecture.
DS-RAIT 2017 invites the submission of papers on all aspects of Information Technology including, but not limited to:
- Automatic Control and Robotics
- Cloud, GPU and Parallel Computing
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Networks
- Computational Intelligence
- Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Database Management Systems
- Expert Systems
- Image Processing and Computer Animation
- Information Theory
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Numerical Analysis
- Operating Systems
- Pattern Recognition
- Scientific Computing
- Software Engineering
Paper Submission, Publication and Indexation
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- Paper should up to 6 pages in IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
- Poster templates are available here.