Call for Position Papers
18th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems (FedCSIS 2023)
Warsaw, Poland, 17-20 September 2023
Strict submission deadline (position papers): June 7, 2023, 23:59:59 AoE (no extensions)
Please feel free to forward this announcement to your colleagues and associates who could be interested.
Statement concerning LLMs
Recognizing the developing issue that affects all academic disciplines, we would like to state that, in principle, papers that include unedited text generated from large language models (LLMs) are prohibited, unless the produced text is used within the experimental part of the work and is clearly marked as generated.
The 18th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems (FedCSIS 2023) invites submissions of position papers to its respective events. Position papers must not exceed 8 pages (minimum 4 pages) and they should relate to an ongoing research or experience. Position papers will be presented by the authors alongside regular papers. Position papers may be also submitted as demo papers and presented as demonstrations of software tools and products. They should describe non-for-profit software tools in a prototype-, alpha-, or beta-version.
We invite two types of position papers:
- Emerging research papers present preliminary research results from work-in-progress based on sound scientific approach but presenting work not completely validated as yet. They must describe precisely the research problem and its rationale. They must also define the intended future work including the expected benefits from solution to the tackled problem.
- Challenge papers propose and describe research challenges in theory or practice of computer science and information systems. The papers in this category must be based on deep understanding of existing research or industrial problems and should be defining new promising research directions.
- Lipika Dey
Tata Consultancy Services
Keynote title: Deciphering Clinical Narratives - augmented intelligence for Decision Making in Health care sector
- Marta Kwiatkowska
University of Oxford
Keynote title: When to trust AI...
- Andrea Omicini
Universita di Bologna
Keynote title: Measuring Trustworthiness in Neuro-Symbolic Integration
- Roman Slowinski
Poznan University of Technology
Keynote title: Multiple Criteria Decision Aiding by Constructive Preference Learning
Data Mining Competition
Cybersecurity Threat Detection in the Behavior of IoT Devices – 1000 USD top reward – see details.
Professor Zdzisław Pawlak Awards
The Professor Zdzislaw Pawlak Awards are given in the following categories:
- Best Paper Award (600 EUR)
- Young Researcher Paper Award (400 EUR)
- Industry Cooperation Award (400 EUR)
- International Cooperation Award (400 EUR)
All papers accepted to FedCSIS 2023 are eligible to be considered as the award winners. This award will be granted independently from awards given by individual FedCSIS events (Tracks and/or Technical Sessions).
Past Award winners
Position paper submission and publication
- Papers should be submitted by June 7, 2023 (strict deadline, no extensions, submission will be done via EasyChair).
- Position papers will be published as a Volume of the Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems series, with an ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers. The papers will be submitted for indexing to DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar. The Annals-CSIS volume will NOT be placed in the IEEE Digital Library and will NOT be submitted to Clarivate Analytics Web of Science.
- Authors should submit a position paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, using the on-line submission procedure. The guidelines for paper formatting provided at the conference website ought to be used for all submitted papers. The required submission format is the same as the camera-ready format. Please check, and carefully follow, the instructions and templates provided. Papers that are out of the conference scope of the selected event, or that contain any form of (self)plagiarism will be rejected without reviews. All position papers will be refereed before inclusion in the conference program.
Chairs of the FedCSIS conference series
Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Dominik Ślęzak
Contact FedCSIS at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FedCSIS in social media
- FedCSIS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/367888070292/
- FedCSIS on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5049184
- FedCSIS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FedCSIS
About the FedCSIS conference series
FedCSIS is an annual international conference, this year organized jointly by the Polish Information Processing Society (PTI), IEEE Poland Section Computer Society Chapter and Department of Mathematics and Information Sciences, Warsaw University of Technology. It is technically sponsored by a number of IEEE units and other professional organizations (for the full list, see the conference site). The mission of the FedCSIS Conference Series is to provide a highly acclaimed forum in computer science and intelligence systems. We invite researchers from around the world to contribute their research results and participate in Tracks and Technical Sessions, focused on their scientific and professional interests in computer science and intelligence systems.