International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Medical Applications (AIMA'13)
Kraków, Poland, September 8-11, 2013
The workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Medical Applications – AIMA'2013 - provides an interdisciplinary forum for researchers and developers to present and discuss latest advances in research work as well as prototyped or fielded systems of applications of Artificial Intelligence in the wide and heterogenious field of medicine, health care and surgery. The workshop covers the whole range of theoretical and practical aspects, technologies and systems based on Artificial Intelligence in the medical domain and aims to bring together specialists for exchanging ideas and promote fruitful discussions.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Health Sciences
- Knowledge Management of Medical Data
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Medicine
- Health Care Information Systems
- Clinical Information Systems
- Agent Oriented Techniques in Medicine
- Medical Image Processing and Techniques
- Medical Expert Systems
- Diagnoses and Therapy Support Systems
- Biomedical Applications
- Applications of AI in Health Care and Surgery Systems
- Machine Learning-based Medical Systems
- Medical Data- and Knowledge Bases
- Neural Networks in Medicine
- Ontology and Medical Information
- Social Aspects of AI in Medicine
- Medical Signal and Image Processing and Techniques
- Ambient Intelligence and Pervasive Computing in Medicine and Health Care
Paper Submission, Publication and Indexation
- Authors should submit full papers in English (as Postscript, PDF, MSWord, or ODF file).
- The total length of a paper must not exceed 8 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the conference.
- Submitted papers must be unpublished and not under review in any other conference or journal (submissions that violate this requirement will be regarded as self-plagiarism).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation.
- Proceedings of the FedCSIS 2012 conference were indexed in the Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, where they will also be submitted in 2013.
- Furthermore, FedCSIS proceedings will be submitted for indexation to: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Inspec, Scirus, and other repositories.
- The authors of selected papers presented at AIMA 2013 will be asked to prepare their extended versions for publication in the book series “Studies in Computational Intelligence” (Springer-Verlag), after undergoing usual reviewing procedures.
- Paper submission: May 21, 2013
- Author notification: June 17, 2013
- Final submission and registration opening: July 8, 2013
- Conference date: September 8-11, 2013